With a week left to go – in final prep for VMworld Barcelona!
- Looks like the session Vaughn, Rawlinson and I do together (Thursday morning) on Next-Gen Storage design consideration is full. My 2 cents – come on by anyway :-) There’s always room for more! Should have some extra fireworks based on things since VMworld in SF!
- My other session INF-1864STO is at 1:45pm on Wednesday. It’s also pretty full – but as always, I’ll sneak you in. Lots of cool stuff in here, details on our VVOL plans, more on SDS topics in general, and a very cool “not officially roadmapped” discussion.
- My favorite session – the panel that Rick Shrerer hosts, and features Duncan Epping, Scott Lowe, Matt Cowger, Eric Sloof – is PACKED. But – we’ll figure it out. Again, come on by!
- My dance card is full with customer time, but I’ll always squeeze in more! Grab me if you see me – would love feedback on what EMC (in general, or me specifically) is doing right/wrong!
Other things to see and DO:
- The EMC customer appreciation party is on the 14th at La Monumental Bullring. It will take passess to get it – find me if you’re a customer/partner, I’ll find a way. Also hit up the folks at the EMC booth!
- For other sessions to check out – consider:
- This one should be on everyone’s hit list… INF-3014: Scripting and Programming Cloud Automation “How To Power Hour”. The presenters are an unbelievable group consisting of Magnus Nilsson, Jonas Roseland, Matt Cowger. They will take any and all questions (submitted in advance, or live) on how to automate a task, and will work through it right there. DevOps skills are critical, and these guys are ninjas. Wed, 10/15 @ 12:30
- INF-3037: How does one build and deploy a well run hybrid cloud? Everyone’s talking about it, how does one actually do it in practice? Presenters are Tyler Baker, Tyler Britten, who have stood up several hybrid cloud projects with the vRealize suite, and are incredible resources. Wed, 10/15 @ 15:00
- If you’re doing an EUC project, EUC-2712: The Impact of Flash on virtual servers, databases and virtual desktops workloads. Presenter is Robin Ren and it’s on Tues, 10/14 @ 12:30
- If you’re doing Oracle on VMware (or considering it, or dealing with people saying it can’t/should’t be done), consider VAPP-2272: Oracle 12c Multi tenancy vs. OS-Level Virtualization (ala VMware vSphere): A Balanced Comparison. Presenter is Jeff Browning who has done an evolution of this topic for I believe the last 4 years. The session gets solid feedback. Tues, 10/14 @ 14:00
- The EMC Booth is D306, and you won’t be able to miss it! There will be lots of cool things and schwag:
- Theatre breakouts, that include: Meetup with me; ViPR and vCloud Air; VSPEX; SAP HANA and vHANA; XtremIO and vSphere; EMC Storage Analytics; Federation level topics; Recoverpoint for VMs and more!
- Lots of hands-on – both in the VMware HoL (#1461) and more in the EMC vLab stand (#DD1)
- An Ask the Experts bar
- Giveaways of course :-)
See you there! #EMC #VMworld!