There are so many things going on – sometimes nuggets can be missed, golden opportunities slip through the cracks.
EMC Storage Analytics (ESA) is one of those beautiful little nugget, and anyone using any Dell EMC tech with vSphere and vRealize Ops should check it out. 4.1 was released today, and I want the world to see it. There’s also a great blog post by Drew Tonneson here that has cool details, and there are demos on YouTube he’s created.
A huge THANK YOU to the team that builds ESA with passion and love.
ESA links VMware vRealize Operations Manager for storage with EMC Adapter. The vRealize Operations Manager displays performance and capacity metrics from storage systems with data that the adapter provides by:
- Connecting to and collecting data from storage system resources
- Converting the data into a format that vRealize Operations Manager can process
- Passing the data to the vRealize Operations Manager collector
- Support for EMC Avamar® reports and alerts
- Support for capacity planning on EMC Isilon®, EMC ScaleIO®, EMC Unity™, and EMC Avamar
- Support for deleting non-existent resources
- Support for EMC VMAX® Virtual Volumes (VVols) resources and metrics.
- Support for EMC VMAX SRDF Metro metrics
- Support for EMC VMAX compression metrics
- Support for additional dashboards, metrics, traversal specs, views, and reports for EMC Unity VVols
- Support for internet protocol version 6 (IPv6) on EMC XtremIO® storage systems
- Support for building relationships between resources across adapter instances located on separate data nodes for EMC VNX Block and EMC XtremIO
You can find the software and documentation here:
- ESA 4.1 - EMC Storage Analytics 4.1 adapter only. Please refer to the product documentation for specific compatibility and usage information.
- September 30, 2016 | Storage Analytics 4.1 | DL79263 | 84.8 MB | pak | Checksum
- Storage Analytics 4.1 Release Notes
- Storage Analytics 4.1 Installation and User Guide