[updated Sept 2nd, 9:17pm – fixed links]
This session was all about what EMC is doing in the SDS domain. Across architectures, across use cases. Everything including the kitchen sink. Well, perhaps not EVERYTHING :-) WINK WINK. Follow #Speed2Lead and tune in on Sept 4th (register here) for the big reveal!
It put a smile on my face when some folks observed “why do people launch stuff during VMworld? You get drowned out”. I USED to think that we should do a pile of launches… I’ve now been through 6 VMworlds, and have learnt and know better…
Topics in this one:
- What are the 5 big architectural disruptors affecting the storage domain?
- What is the impact of those disruptors on:
- the most common current architecture – “Hybrid” arrays that are “multi function”?
- the new All-Flash Array disruptors?
- the “sea-of-storage” (object stores) and “data lakes” (giant HDFS stores)
- the various converged architecture models
- the state of the art in automation and policy (including vVol updates, and behind the scenes of vCHS)
This deck is the “companion” for the content from STO5420. You don’t NEED to read it before looking at this, but I would advise it.
Click on the below to download!
To download the version with the embedded demos – WARNING – VERY LARGE 300MB file! – click here.
Enjoy, and share!