And everyone was scurrying around like EMCers :-) I was trapped on a delayed flight, but got there there soon enough. The SE Conference is kicking into to high gear also…
What to expect?
- The announcements people have come to expect – bigger, faster, more rich functions/APIs. These are always awesome. Will post as they go live..
- Some announcements that I think will catch people by surprise – I’ll leave it at that for now. Will post as the cloth is lifted…
- Us and 15,000+ friends. I don’t know the exact number – but we’ll land on Vegas this week and make it ours, learn, laugh, and connect.
- The inevitable naysayers. Whateva :-)
- A huge SE conference. There are about 500 partners joining the EMC SEs this year – and the SE representation is from around the globe. Partners – if you didn’t register in advance, you can join, just expect to sign an NDA before joining the sessions – you’re getting the same deep insider info the EMC SEs get.
- All the main EMC World sessions should be streamed – so make sure you follow #EMCWorld and www.emcworld.com
Now – for those of you there – we have a real treat in store – a Hands-on-Lab (HoL) experience that is dialed up to 11. With each year, these get better and better; the team supporting them gets stronger and stronger. A big shout out to the vLab team, the VMware HoL team who helps, and to the EMC SE/Product team combos that worked on each lab.
Join us – it’s the best way to learn, IMO. Plus you can win:
There are 31 labs filled with goodness – and our goal is to make all the labs up in vLab right after the conference. Read on for more, and please comment before/during/after: what was the experience? What could we do better?
- This year, we have 31 labs. Each lab is designed to be 60 minutes in length, though as these are self-paced (step by step) labs attendees can sit the lab at their own pace.
- Lab hours: Monday: 11:00AM- 9PM; Tuesday: 7:00AM – 6:30PM; Wednesday: 7:00AM – 5:00PM; Thursday: 7:00AM – 2PM… Note: Doors close 30 mins before the end of each day
- What does this run on? The backend infrastructure is run out of the massive (and super efficient!) EMC Durham data center, with the infrastructure being based on VCE Vblock architecture. We also rolled in eight XtremIO X-bricks to serve up the content (and yes, they are badass :-). All the infrastructure power vSphere 5.1 clusters and vCloud Director. For fun during EMC World – if you pass buy (and don’t sit down for whatever reason!) you can see the whole thing instrumented by the EMC SRM Suite and vCenter Operations on huge plasma screens out front.
Here are the labs:
- LAB01 SRM Suite – Visualize, Analyze, Optimize
- LAB02 VNX with AppSync Lab: Simple Management, Advanced Protection
- LAB03 EMC Software Defined Storage (SDS)
- LAB04 Atmos Cloud Storage: Mature, Robust and Ready to Rock
- LAB05 EMC NetWorker Backup and Recovery for Next Generation Microsoft Environments
- LAB06 Flexible and Efficient Backup and Recovery for Microsoft SQL Always-On Availability Groups using EMC NetWorker
- LAB07 Easier and Faster VMware Backup and Recovery with EMC Avamar For the Storage Administrator
- LAB08 Automated Backup and Recovery for Your Software Defined Data Center with EMC Avamar
- LAB09 Taking Backup and Archiving To New Heights with EMC SourceOne and EMC Data Domain
- LAB10 Optimizing Backups for Oracle DBAs with EMC Data Domain and EMC Data Protection Advisor
- LAB11 Operational and Disaster Recovery using RecoverPoint
- LAB12 Achieving High Availability in SAP environments using VMware ESXi clusters and VPLEX
- LAB13 VPLEX Metro with RecoverPoint: 3-site Solution for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- LAB14 Introduction to VMAX Cloud Edition
- LAB15 Replication for the VMAX Family
- LAB16 Performance Analyzer for the VMAX Family
- LAB17 Introduction to the VMAX Family
- LAB18 Storage Provisioning and Monitoring with EMC Storage Integrator (ESI 2.1) and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- LAB19 EMC|Isilon Compliance Mode Cluster Setup, Configuration, and Management Simplicity
- LAB20 EMC|Isilon Enterprise Ready with OneFS 7.0 Enhancements
- LAB21 RSA Cloud Security and Compliance
- LAB22 VMware vSphere Integration with VNX
- LAB23 VNX Unisphere Analyzer
- LAB24 VNX/VNXe Storage Monitoring & Analytics For Your Business Needs
- LAB25 VNX Data Efficiency
- LAB26 VNXe Unisphere Administration & Snapshots
- LAB27 EMC VSPEX Virtualized Infrastructure for End User Computing
- LAB28 Collaborative Big Data Analysis with the Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform
- LAB29 Manage Your vCloud Suite Applications with VMware vFabric Application
- LAB30 Discover VMware Horizon Workspace
- LAB31 Deploy and Operate Your Cloud with the VMware vCloud Suite
Look for something that looks like this:
… That can be found here: