Every week, Thursday is “EMC/VMware webcast Thursday!” (same bat time – 11-12ET + same bat channel – EMC Live)
December has 3 sessions coming up.
- The first on the 6th is how we engineer VSPEX stacks with our partners. VSPEX is flying off the shelves – when customers don’t want a true converged stack (engineered as an appliance, purchased as an integrated platform, warrantied and supported as an integrated platform) like VBlock, and want a best-of-breed combination validated by EMC and their partner – they choose VSPEX.
- The 2nd is about XtremIO and VDI. The presenter is a particularly special dude – Itzik Reich, a very strong, passionate vSpecialist. He’s always been at the center of a lot of things – and recently he’s taken a new role acting as the liasion between XtremIO’s engineering team and the SEs around the globe. First of all I want to offer him my public congratulations! Second – XtremIO is a topic that’s easy to get passionate about! Scale-out, all flash, inline dedupe, sub ms flat response times, rich VAAI/VASA support – there’s not much not to like… Well perhaps that it’s not GA :-) We’re hardening it for scaled out customer adoption (something startups don’t get is the luxury of a bit of time to get core things right) – so expect a lot of hubub around “Project X” in 2013. If you tune into this webcast, you’ll get a view into a large scale VDI PoC on XtremIO. Trust me, it will melt your faces, and blow your minds :-)
- The last is the quarterly “Chad’s Choice”. I’m going to pull out my crystal ball and do two things:
- My Top 10 predictions for 2013. 2012 was nuts. When I look back and try to imagine what 2013 has in store, my imagination almost fails me. Add to that that these “futurist looks” are always wrong. That said… I do have a superpower. I know the full VMware and EMC roadmap for 2013, so it’s a time machine of a sort :-)
- My “Top 5 Jobs” predictions for my own org. My team is a large IT organization, growing in a hard economy, and always morphing/adapting to continue to lead this massive wave of change. I would be willing to wager that the “Top 5 Jobs” prediction is likely true at a ton of places – perhaps even where you are, or where you want to be.
Click on the link below to register for one or all of them!