Have heard from a lot of partners wondering about PEX and the EMC plan… First of all – VMware Partner Exchange is the event of the year for VMware partners – and when it comes to what’s going on in the channel/integrator/partner community, that’s pretty well the center of the universe :-) It’s Feb 11-16 at the Venetian in Las Vegas. Click on the below to register (early bird registration ends this week):
At EMC, our channel business is growing like gangbusters (we’re talking about 50%+ year over year growth). To put that in perspective – with the Dell/EMC divorce, more than $1B in revenues not only has moved to EMC’s channel partners, but it actually grew and grew substantially.
That along with VNXe (CRN best storage product of the year – a cool “top 15 list” along with the Intel core i7, Mac OSX, Samsung Galaxy tablets, iPad2), and huge investments in our channel (BTW, CRN also named EMC company of the year in three categories), and huge expansions of VNX and Isilon channel GTM.
I just finished up the EMC leadership meeting (~400 EMCers in a few days of intimate discussion), and we are doubling down – 2012 will be the “year of the channel” at EMC (and that’s coming off a killer 2011!)
A little sidebar:
Ergo, thanks very much Dell. While the divorce wasn't something we didn’t ask for, and certainly didn’t drive – well, it turned out to be a very good thing. While we loved that partnership, and it was one of the best IT partnerships for more than a decade, you made a choice, and it turned out to be good for EMC and our partners. How is it’s working for you?
So… for us, VMware PEX is one of the biggest events of the year, and we’ll be there with bells on.
Here’s the scoop when it comes to EMC/VMware:
- The EMC bootcamp will be all day on Monday the 13th (details should be on the VMware site by the end of this week). This is THE place to be if you’re an VMware and EMC partner. We’ll be:
- In the keynote (I’ll be there), we’ll be disclosing the 2012 roadmap, and our 2013 ambitions (competitors, you’re welcome to join – when you see, you’ll want to join :-)
- opening up the changes we’re making to make tools more open, and working on being easier to do business with every day.
- Sharing more virtual appliances (which everyone loves)
- Opening up the vLab to you all (this will blow you mind)
- Sharing new solutions around virtualizing mission critical apps, accelerating and simplifying EUC, accelerating the management portfolio (think of 2012 as the year of vCOPS IMO), and also vCD at your customers.
- For partners who are service providers also, we’ll be making announcements around doubling down on our already awesome SP program.
- We will be running a hands-on-lab during the whole week. This is an opportunity to test out everything EMC and VMware – basically anything you want, but also talk to experts, engineering, vSpecialists, and share your thoughts. It’s really cool – runs out of our vLab demo cloud in Durham, NC (which all runs on Vblock and vSphere)
- I (and the whole EMC team) want to hear what we’re doing wrong, and what we need to do better – it’s a great opportunity for us to listen, and to help you help your customers, and your business.
What more should we add… and I can’t wait to see you there!