I am a big fan of a good tool. It’s as true in IT as it is in home repair – there’s something oh-so-satisfying about the application of just the right tool that makes a complex, difficult task instead simple and easy – like butta :-)
These three tools are some of the ones that I think are the most cool, and we’ll be discussing them on this webcast. We’ll also cover a bunch of other great utilities for people who work with EMC kit in VMware environments.
LIke all tools – they have immediate use, but also useful 2nd and 3rd order uses…
- The Hyperic/vCOPS one integrates VNX file performance stats into vCenter Operations – but in reality, it’s a method which is generally applicable – could be used to bring in any objects into Hyperic (and therefore into vCenter Operations. Note that Clint has already created a series of tools around other stuff, like Avamar, that could be imported using this technique.
- Analyzer Helper can be used for health reports – but is also one of the best sizing, recommendation tools for existing customers looking to refresh. It’s also a killer performance diagnosis tool for any CLARiiON, Celerra or VNX customer.
- Project Orion is the ultimate “goop” tool – doesn’t really do anything per se, but at the same time does something awesome – makes writing any tool across EMC’s whole portfolio simpler and easier, and also makes “snaping in” new platforms to existing northbound API integration…
As a friendly reminder – the EMC/VMware webcast series goes on every week on Thursday at 11am ET (8am PT, 16:00 BST). We have some great ones coming up in October. If you’re not at VMworld Europe, I’d highly recommend them…
- Backup and Recovery Best Practices for VMware vSphere 5: Discover best practices for protecting your VMware vSphere 5 environments.
- Virtualizing SAP: Q&A with Experts from SAP, VMware, and EMC: Join our panel of experts from SAP, VMware, & EMC, as they share views on virtualizing SAP landscapes.
- EMC and Cisco: Solutions for Your VMware View Environment: Learn how EMC & Cisco solutions for VMware View let you store, manage, protect, and analyze information with more agility, trust, and cost-efficiency.
- AeroSpec: Virtualizing with EMC VNXe and VMware: Leverage VNXe affordability, ease of use & advanced features to improve efficiency, data availability, and performance, while reducing data redundancy and operational costs.
Click on the below to register for the tools webcast this Thursday! Some of the developers will be there – so also a great opportunity to give direct feeback….