The posts that are done with integrated demonstrations are quite popular – these are useful for customers, EMC partners, and EMCers themselves.
The vSpecialist and VNX teams (big shout out to vSpecialist Joel Sprouse) worked together to create a tight, 15 minute demonstration that shows the highlights of the current VMware/EMC integration capabilities in the VNX platform which are all provided at no additional cost. It covers:
- vCenter-integrated provisioning (block and NAS) via the VSI 4.1 vCenter plugin + USM module.
- vCenter-integrated visibility (block and NAS) via the VSI 4.1 vCenter plugin
- Automated and simplified path management (for both NMP and PP/vE) via VSI + Pathing module
- Simplified datastore expansion
- Simplified VM-level replication using hardware-acceleration in the VNX
- Simplified VM-level compression in the VNX
- Automated ESX host registration in Unisphere (through embedded APIs in the vmkernel)
- Automated VM-storage mapping in Unisphere (through vCenter API integration)
Remember – there are resources for support (http://support.emc.com) and general info (http://www.emc.com) but if you ever have questions about VMware/EMC together, you can always interact with experts on the Everything VMware at EMC community (http://www.emc.com/vmwarecommunity) – which is monitored and supported by vSpecialists.
Enjoy (and always – follow after the youtube video for high-rez MOV and WMV)