Thank YOU for your readership, comments, dialog. Frankly, I never expected as much goodness to come from the blog as I’ve experienced. I’m very humbled, and very thankful.
- It will be very exciting :-) I’m excited about the stuff I KNOW is coming (which will all be huge), and I’m even more excited about the stuff I have no idea about – surprises rock.
- There’s probably more M&A action to expect. It’s not just about R&D, and it’s not just about M&A – continued success needs both (not just for EMC, but everyone)
- There will be more “Chad’s World” episodes. The 2nd one is in the bag, and I has fun surprises.
- We’ll all continue to become more and more fed up with the word “cloud”, while simultaneously continuing to exploit, leverage it – however you choose to define “it”. I know how VMware defines it, I know how EMC defines it – and I know customers dig it.
- Since information will continue to grow like mad… the corollary is an easy wager. Object storage will grow. NAS storage will grow. Block storage will grow. Pure software that “transmogrifies” DAS into shared storage models will grow. They’ll grow at varying rates. Things that help you manage that will continue to be huge.
- Protocol passionistas will continue to be wrong – just like they always have been.
- Competitors will continue to compete. There will be good days (honorable competition) and bad days (twitpisses and other useless, debasing activities). I resolve to try my best to make it the most of the former, and resist my hardest from contributing or getting sucked into to the later.
- VMware will have bugs & work arounds, tips and tricks and will come out with some crazy new cool stuff.
- EMC will will have bugs & work arounds, tips and tricks, and come out with some crazy new cool stuff.
- Those sets of things will be crazy integrated, and you’ll be able to read about it on Virtual Geek :-)
Here’s a silly (but still kinda funny) holiday message from the vSpecialist technical team leaders from around the globe (from top left) – Wade O’Harrow (Global), Keith Coughlin (Americas), Bertrand Lalanne (EMEA), Scott Drummonds (APJ), and myself. Gang – I depend on you tremendously – thank you for your efforts!