I had the good fortune to participate on a panel with some of my industry peers. Specifically:
- Parag Patel (VP, ISV and Storage Alliances at VMware)
- Simon Crosby (CTO, Virtualization & Management Division at Citrix)
- Eric Stephenson (Director, Global Solutions at HDS)
- Richard Clifton (SVP, Virtualization and Grid at Netapp)
- John Spiers (Founder, Lefthand Networks)
- Narayan Venkat (Onstor)
It was expertly moderated by Nik Simpson (also a blog worth subscribing to.... http://dcsblog.burtongroup.com/)
As you can imagine with that, it was kinda fun, kinda weird. I'm curious whether intrepid readers were there and would give me feedback:
- Was it useful to you?
- What do you think we gave good answers to?
- What do you think we gave dodgy answers to?
- Was it as funny in the audience as it felt on stage?
Insanely curious - I mean, I thought it was cool, but it's not about me - it's about the customer. I'm an advocate of competitors getting in front of customers in public often - not for cage matches (though I'm always up for one of those too :-), but I think we can be big boys and girls and have open, transparent diaglogue that's helpful for the customer and the market. Some of my technical colleagues at NetApp and Lefthand and I were trying to get a similar technical session for VMworld 2008, but it looks like it got denied (which has all three of us bummed out).
Let me know!